The history of the original building dates to 1617 when it was built as a church and convent. The building where the school is located is owned by the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate in Jerusalem and the Middle East which established the school in 1953 to serve poor families in the Old City. The restoration project aimed to protect the architectural heritage, as well as to improve the physical environment, especially regarding the safety of the school classrooms and facilities, thus providing an improved, healthy learning environment.
The building is located in the heart of the densely populated and sensitive Silwan neighborhood south the old city of Jerusalem. It consists mainly of two separated buildings connected with outdoor stairs and yards, in addition to a separate hall used f
Syrian orthodox club was established in 1922; and was attached to the Syrian school in the Al-Qatmon in West Jerusalem and its activities were extended to the year 1948, where the club activates were stopped as a result of Israeli-Arab war.
The re-opening of the new branch of the club was in 1956 in the Old City of Jerusalem, which located near of St. Mark Syrian orthodox convent, and still to this day, the activities carried out by the club is diverse between Scouting , the social and sports activities.
Adaptive Reuse: The aim of conservation should be the daily utilization of historic buildings since this integrates the structures into the community and is one of the best methods to protect it against physical damage. Some creative solutions have been found for adaptive reuse of neglected buildings by restoring the structure to use through providing modern facilities while protecting the historic and architectural features.
The building is located on Tariq Bab al-Silsileh, and dates from the Mamluk period. The school itself consists of four floors, of which the top floor is occupied by a family that shares the street entrance with the school. The school, which serves about 1
The building was probably built in the Ottoman period mainly as a private residential complex. The Islamic Awqaf rented the building from a Jerusalem family 12 years ago for use as a school. The restoration work included: re-plastering the deteriorated wa
Al Huda School was established in 1991 by Al-Aqsa Foundation. The school is located on the first floor and is accessed by a common entrance that also leads to an open court shared by many residences. It consists of four classrooms, secretarial office, a k
The school is located in the northeast side of the Old City adjacent to the walls near New Gate.The school consists mainly of two main buildings and three small buildings adjacent to the Old City walls in addition to the yards and playgrounds.The project implementation was divided into two main phases; the 1st phase was carried out in 2009 and covered 3 main areas: separating the kindergarten from the areas used by older children; installation of amenities such as a cafeteria, a canteen and toilets located in the ground floor; and implementing the 1st phase of the Student Museum for Science