The Arab Catholic Scout Group was established in 1928 to provide services for the youth in the Old City of Jerusalem, mainly scouting activities. The building consists of three stories, in which 2 stories were restored and part of the ground floor. The project started from 15/9/2013 until 20/6/2013. It consists of multipurpose hall, about 17 rooms and spaces which performs a wide range of different activities, ranging from scouts activities, spiritual working sessions, sports (the club has a Gym, and multi sportive hall), computer and internet center, toilets and canteen.
The building suffered from humidity problems especially in the north side of the middle floor rooms, water leakage in the multipurpose hall, some broken tiles, insufficient room distribution and general physical problems especially in the electrical system.
The project implementation lasted for about 9 months, and included rehabilitation of infrastructure and service networks, re-plastering and re-pointing the walls with lime and replacing the floor tiles with stone tiles. The work also included the rehabilitation of the Gym including installation of special floor and redistribution of some facilities such as the toilets and canteen.
Traditional material and methods were used for the restoration and rehabilitation work and implementation followed international standards for conservation